Seeking highly reflective powdercoating for solar application

(2001)

I am looking for a highly reflective powdercoating finish for a parabolic trough solar concentrator. Is there such a thing.

Robert Miller
Global Shelter - Tijuana, Baja California, Mexico

(2001)

To the best of my knowledge I don't believe that there is a highly reflective powder coating that could be functional in such an application. You would likely want to a thin film coating, sputtered or evaporated depending on the configuration of the part to be coated. There may be other coatings available that I am not aware of.

Good Luck.

Chuck Stairs
- Rockford, Illinois, USA

(2001)

There is a thin film coating that may be suitable, 3M FEK-244 , 99% reflective, adhesively backed. Hope this helps.

Mike Spears
- Guin, Alabama

(2003)

Hi, Mike and you all, I just tried to find out where this film 3M-FEK-244 is available, but neither 3M Germany nor 3M USA could tell me. Now, do You know that? Or can You tell me, how much it costs and it's thickness? Is the light reflected at the surface, or does it have to go through the plastic film and back, so the UV parts would be filtered out? Good bye and sunny days!

Helmu Raulien
- Hamburg, Germany