Powder Coating Job Shop

(2001)

I never been in the business related to metal or painting production, but I want to set up a powder coating job shop with fully automatic equipment at Markham or Concord, Ontario. I would appreciate if you can answer my questions :

1. What kind of licenses and permits are required for a powder coating job shop to run business at the above towns and where I can get those licenses and permits.

2. What are the materials (powder, iron phosphate for washing and others ) and utilities (electricity, gas and water etc.) those variable costs for powder coating. Let say there is a job of 500 pieces of racing car wheels . Is it possible to give breakdown for each cost.

3. After the metal is cleaned, does the waste water require special treatment before sending it to the sewage to meet the environmental requirements.

Thanks a lot.

Sekling Leung
- Richmond Hill, Ontario