Seeking US Companies in China for Plating Shop Start Up

2001

RFQ: I am the owner of a corporation which is a distributor of Decorative Door and Bath Hardware in the United States. I also wholly own a factory in the Shanghai China area. We just purchased a piece of land there along with a plating license. This license is for plating of our products alone, not for commercial plating. About 75% of our products are plated in some way.

I would like to find US companies who have distribution and technical support in the Shanghai China area. We plate almost exclusively over brass. We will need to plate Copper, Nickel (Bright and Semi Bright), Hex Chrome, Black Nickel, Pearl Black Nickel, Bronze, Gold and Silver. There is also some barrel zinc dichromate.

I would also like to start applying a dichromate conversion coating to all of our polished brass as a pretreatment before lacquering.

Can you suggest any companies who have offices, distribution and technical support in Shanghai?

Eric M [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- East Norriton, Pennsylvania, USA
outdated

2001

Eric,

As far as I know, all the major plating chemical suppliers, such as Enthone-OMI, Macdermid and Atotech, have their representatives in Shanghai. It will prove pretty easy for you to contact the headquarters of these companies in the USA so as to identify their representatives in Shanghai. Good luck.

Ling Hao
- Grand Rapids, Michigan

2001

There are a lot of big US chemical companies selling plating chemicals that can offer the kind of products and services you want. They all have office / plants in Shanghai area.

S. Y. Yuen
- Hong Kong, China

RFQ: Can someone please supply some names and web addresses for the Gold Platers in the Dongguan city, China area? I am looking for someone who can plate switch terminals.

Thanks for your help.

Anthony S [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Carpentersville, Illinois
outdated