Trivalent Chromate Plating Enquiry

2001

Dear Sir,

I would like to know more about trivalent chromate plating? Is it similar to hexavalent chromate plating? And, please tell me how to make up this bath or any supplier is provided this chemical in the market.

David Koo
- Hong Kong

2001

There are a number of suppliers of Trivalent chromium plating, I hope that is what you are writing about. The main differences between the two processes, trivalent Cr and HexCr is the amount of metal and operating pH. There are a number of papers written about Trivalent Cr plating and the differences between the two processes listing the + and - of each process.

George Shahin
George Shahin
Atotech - Rock Hill, South Carolina

adv.   accurate anodizing banner