Bright Dip for Beryllium

2001

Greetings,

We are looking for a way to bright dip beryllium. We have found a number of solutions which will etch the surface resulting in a satin or matte finish. What we need is just the opposite- a leveling effect with, hopefully, a minimum of material removal. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance for your replies.

Keith Wicklund, CEF-SE
avionics - Minneapolis, Minnesota

2001

Keith.

I have information for you I believe you can use. If you have access to a book named "Gold plating technology" by Frank H Reid And William Goldie, by Electrochemical publications, page 131 will detail for you how to pretreat beryllium. It gives a chemical polishing make up along with metal removal rate. I have heard this stuff is poisonous to deal with and you will want to be extremely careful handling beryllium.

Todd Huehn
Spec Plating - Minneapolis, Minnesota