Dye Lightening for Anodized Parts

(2001)

I am looking for a way to lighten various dye colors for anodize. I am specifically looking for a sand color. I am having trouble getting to the right color due to the purported non-existence of white dye colors. Does anyone know an effective way to lighten darker colors?

D.B. Grant
- Cedar City, Utah, USA

(2001)

Whenever I have a custom color to match I contact the dye mfgr., Clariant. If I send them a sample of what I need to match, they send me back the formula of what dye or mixtures of dyes to use & at what strengths.

David A. Kraft
- Long Island City, New York

(2001)

Coloring matching of a specific color for anodized aluminum is not always success. If you have a color that has three of dyes mixing together, you most probably have a shade stability after a while of using it. So, I doubt it very much that Clariant can match every color the customer wants. Anyway, if possible, do not mix the dye. If you have to mix, watch carefully for the striking power as well as pH of each dye.

S. Y. Yuen
- Hong Kong, China

(2001)

You may find after you get the closest dye formulas that the next step is consists of: anodize thickness, temperature of anodize solution, dye and sealer, and of course concentrations dye.

Chris Snyder
plater - Charlotte, North Carolina