Anodising Aluminum, a Molecular Level

(2001)

Anodising aluminum at a molecular level I'm an A level chem student trying to do a practical on ANODISING ALUMINUM, but although there is lots on how, I need to find out why. And whats going on at a molecular level. e.g. formulas of dyes and equations etc

Thanks for your time,

Kathy Klaka
- Surrey, UK

(2002)

I too am a chemistry student. My research involves the dye particles themselves. I too am having a hard time finding out information about the dyes. There are no MSDS information on the structure. This seems to be and industry secret. Sorry I am not much help, but at least you know it is not anything you are doing wrong. The information is simply not out there. I am sure the industry knows the relationship between dye particles and anodising, so whatever we find will simple be what they already know to be true.

Good luck in your research.

Bridgette Bennett
- Cape Girardeau, Missouri, USA