Needed - White Gold Bath Plating Bath

(2001)

I am looking for a White Gold bath for decorative plating purposes. The more durable the better. Cyanide or non-cyanide. If anybody out there has any suggestion it would be greatly appreciated.

Erik Mac Kenna
- Houston, Texas

(2001)

White gold is an alloy which has enough other metals in it to make to gold appear white. I've never heard of a white gold plating bath but rhodium is used extensively on jewelry and other items for a bright white finish. Platinum plating is also being used more often now.

Neil Bell
Red Sky Plating

Albuquerque, New Mexico
red sky banner ad

(2001)

White gold is an alloy of 90%gold and 10%palladium.

Ling Hao
- Grand Rapids, Michigan

(2001)

Thanks for the info. Is there a specific bath or manufacturer for this 90% gold & 10% palladium?

My other question is if I do go to platinum, how do I strip it? I have heard nothing but bad things about Platinum as far as stripping it goes.

Erik Mac Kenna
- Houston, Texas