PTFE Type Paint for Masking

(2001)

I am looking for a masking paint for a high energy electrolytic process. Room temperature operation but process produces a plasma discharge in the electrolyte. Wax based paints do not work effectively. I have heard that PTFE type paints are available, but do not know where to find them. Any advice?

Robert Altham
- Cambridge, UK

(2001)

Robert, Why not go to DUPONT who, I believe, invented tfe. Failing that 'hit' a server with 'teflon' and see what comes up on the screen. That might be your best bet. OK? Personally I have some doubts you'd get a strong adhesive teflon paint ... and there are different 'teflons', too ... tfe, fep, etc as well as the UK's own Polymonochlortrifluoroethylene (a lovely short word!) but who makes it, I dinna ken. Cheers!