Chrome Automotive Bumper Repair

(2001)

I have a minor scratch on my truck bumper that is beginning to rust. Does anyone have a reliable repair technique for such a situation? My first concern is stopping the corrosion. I don't think a little paint, for instance, would be that noticeable.

Tim O [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
- Auburn, NY , USA

The right way to repair a chrome bumper is to send it to a plating shop for rechroming, but that can be cost prohibitive (several hundred dollars). If you want to try the under-$10 approach, there is a paint called Plastikote Bumper Chrome Paint [linked by editor to product info at Amazon] that might be fine for your situation.