Cold Seal Adhesives

(2001)

We are manufacturers of flexible packaging materials in Pakistan.

We are basically interested in cold seal adhesives for application on one side of paper/plastic films, the other side of which is coated with release coating.

We have a practical problem with the aqueous cold seal adhesives offered by different suppliers as they are basically emulsions with very short shelf - storage life of 4 to 6 months.

As the time needed for shipment and customs clearance of the material from any European source to Pakistan takes about 5 - 8 weeks, and as our market in Pakistan is rather limited, we can not possibly utilise all the imported material within the short storage shelf life.

We are therefore looking for some cold seal adhesives which can be imported in form of solid resins formulations to be dissolved in water at the time of application.

Alternatively, we would like someone to suggest a formulation based on imported plastic resins, etc. to be compounded before use.

Can some one out there help us.

I would like to know can cold seal adhesive be applied by a hotmelt roller coating system. If so, can some one suggest names of suppliers who offer low viscosity hotmelt compounds.

Thanks and best regards.

Gul Muhammad Bawa, Managing Director,
Flexipack Limited - Karachi 74400, Pakistan

(2001)

I would like to you know what is the release coating that you are using. I have been searching for one that works well for cold seal adhesives for research purposes. I you could please provide me with information on the release and where I could obtain it, I would greatly appreciate it.

Erik Nelson
Clemson University - Clemson, South Carolina