Need Dry Alternative to Phos & Oil

(2001)

I need recommendations for a corrosion preventive coating to replace our current process of black phos and oil. The part is made of spring steel and is approximately 8"x4"x.04". The current process provides adequate corrosion protection, but the oil tends to get transferred to the finished product surface by the operators fingers. We need something that provides a dry finish and a cost comparable to the phos and oil. Potential volume is over 1,000,000 per year.

Victor Harvey
- Jackson MI, USA

(2001)

For the cost, you will be hard pressed to find an alternative. However, to remove your problem, I would suggest either Autophoretic or E-Coating the parts. With the size and volume, you should be able to get some very competitive quotes.

Daniel Cushard
Applied Tech Industries, Inc. - Chesterfield, Michigan, USA

(2003)

I have a phos and wax coating on my power track which passes our salt spray testing. I'm not quite sure of the cost, but am sure that it would be less than e-coating.

Chris Jasman
- Novi, Michigan, USA