Deep Etching of Copper Plate

(2001)

I will be attempting to deep etch a copper plate to produce a deep relief image from a black & white photograph.

Do you know of a text that address' this subject?

If not, do you have any insight that might be helpful?

Jaye Waas
- Burbank, Ca., U.S.A

(2001)

This process is called photo engraving and has some similarity to printed circuit board manufacture. Positive photoresist is available in an aerosol from various electronics supplies. I would suspect a lot of trial and error would be needed in the design of the etching tank in order to get uniform and deep etching of the plate. If you can afford very slow erosion then an electrowinning cell may be preferred over an oxidizing solution. That way the solution can be reused for the next photoengraved plate you wish to make.

Adam Seychell
- Australia

(2003)

How deep is deep-etching, I wanna make deep etching over aluminum with NaOh and sodium gluconate but is poor my depth, I need at least 1/16 thats I called deep etching.

Tomas Acosta
- Mexico

(2005)

For etching Aluminum try Such HCl(hydrochloric acid within is solved 56g/l Al).

Peter Easton
- Alabama