-- The Home Page of the Finishing Industry
23+ years of serious education, promoting Aloha,
& the most fun you can have in metal finishing smiley
    no popups, no spam
on this site
current topics
topic 7203

Gas Log Fireplace Adaptor


My son recently bought a new house with a fireplace. He does not want to use real wood because of allergies with his little girls. He wants to put in gas logs. He has copper pipes for his gas. How do you connect copper pipes to the black pipe you usually use? Is there a special fitting?

Debbie Kempter
- St.Louis MO USA


Yes, this is a very special fitting called a frammagadget.

Fortunately, Home Depot or the like will have it. If the clerk doesn't recognize it by name, it is probably brass with a female socket on one end so that it can be soldered to the copper pipe, and the other end has an I.P.S. thread to match the iron pipe.

But, personally I'd call a plumber and go for a drive rather than hanging around while my son aimed a torch at a gas pipe in his new house. Ted Mooney, Teds signature
Ted Mooney, P.E.
Pine Beach, New Jersey

This public forum has 60,000 threads. If you have a question in mind which seems off topic to this thread, you might prefer to Search the Site

ADD a Comment to THIS thread START a NEW threadView CURRENT TOPICS

Disclaimer: It's not possible to diagnose a finishing problem or the hazards of an operation via these pages. All information presented is for general reference and does not represent a professional opinion nor the policy of an author's employer. The internet is largely anonymous & unvetted; some names may be fictitious and some recommendations may be deliberately harmful.

  If you need a product/service, please check these Directories:

JobshopsCapital Equip. & Install'nChemicals & Consumables Consult'g, Train'g, SoftwareEnvironmental ComplianceTesting Svcs. & Devices

©1995-2018, Inc., Pine Beach, NJ   -   About   -  Privacy Policy
How Google uses data when you visit this site.