Copper Sheet Coloring

(2001)

I am interested in changing the color of copper sheet (16, 20 & 32 ounce) to burgundy on copper riveted component assemblies. I would prefer the color to be uniform. The items I will be working with will be approximately two square feet of surface area. I would like to not have to worry about EPA. I would like to use liquid or powder chemicals and would consider using a low voltage (0-10 Volts)/high amperage (up to 100 Amps) rectifier if it would simplify the process.

Ricky Wynn
- Jackson, Mississippi

(2001)

The Colouring, Bronzing and Patination of Metals

7111

If it's a hobby, you needn't worry about the EPA. If you are selling it, you definitely do. Sounds to me like you're describing Row 2, Column 2 of the cover photo, Ricky =>
Probably no need for electricity, just patinizing chemicals. Most libraries have this book, which has hundreds of color plates and the formulas for them. Good luck.