Stop Corrosion of Aluminum Air Cylinder

(2001)

I am working with an application that is forcing DI Water through an aluminum air compressed cylinder that has a Nitrale o-ring. The cylinder that is made of Aluminum will corrode within a day or two. What can I do to stop this? Do you know where I could send my cylinders to and have a coating applied that will be compatible with Deionized Water, Diethylene Glycol, Dowanol PNP, Glycerin, Surfynol 465?

stephen anderson
- franklin,Tennessee, US

(2001)

Electroless Nickel , Electroless Nickel Teflon, Anodize with teflon seal are the coatings I would evaluate.I recommend the teflon because it makes the surface hydrophobic and DI water is very corrosive.

Todd Osmolski
- Charlotte, North Carolina, USA

(2001)

You can find about plating in ASM Surface Finishing Handbook.

Chua Kok Siong