No registration, no passwords; no pop-up ads -- just aloha, fun, & authoritative answers.
As an eBay Partner & Amazon Affiliate we receive compensation for qualifying purchases.

pub  Where the world gathers for

-----

Needs Product to Prevent/Stop Rust on Car

Q. I know this is probably the wrong web page to ask this question, but I am new on this searching for materials on the internet.

I live in Saipan which is in the Pacific, I am looking for a product to put on my car to prevent and stop the rust.

I lived in Texas prior to Saipan and there was a commercial product called Rhino Coat, but there is no such thing on this island, I would need something easy to apply and available to the general public.

Richard Lamkin
- Saipan, MP
2001

A. Richard,

How old is your car? And how much rust does it already have?

Peter Weber
DACRAL S.A. - Creil, France
2001

A. There is a product called Extend [affil link] which works great. You just paint it on rusty areas that you sand or wire brushed to prepare. It is good stuff and not too expensive. By the way my brother lived in Saipan for a couple of years doing a public health stint.

Bruce Renwick
- Waunakee, Wisconsin
2001

A. If it is for the undercarriage use a sandblasting gun to spray or a brush with used motor oil, what could be cheaper. Let it drip onto plastic for a little while for obvious reasons.

Brian Fay
- Rensselaer, New York
2002

A. Have you looked into Rust Bullet [affil link] or [adv: Por-15 Rust Preventative Coating on eBay or Amazon] ? Both are rust preventative paints that you apply yourself. We know because we use and sell both and they do stop rust. Good luck on your project.

Betty Heckman
- Omaha, Nebraska, USA
2004

(No "dead threads" here! If this page isn't currently on the Hotline your Q, A, or Comment will restore it)

About/Contact  -  Privacy Policy  -  ©1995-2024 finishing.com, Pine Beach, New Jersey, USA  -  about "affil links"