Finishing Stainless Steel

(2001)

I am searching for information about producing a #4 finish on stainless steel tube which is used for ornamental railing. We are a miscellaneous steel fabricator, and, unfortunately, have very little experience in this area. Our concern is to be able to grind and produce a #4 finish over the welded seams after fabrication. What equipment and/or methods can be used to do this?

Roger W [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
manufacturing - Winston-Salem, NC USA

(2001)

Roger:

There are some mfg's of industrial strength "Dremel [linked by editor to product info at Amazon]" tools out there that would fill the bill. A simple internet search should locate them for you.

Dan Weaver
- Toccoa, Georgia

(2001)

Roger,

This is late but just in case you're still interested, Stainless tubing is readily available with the polished finish.

Glen Y [last name deleted for privacy by Editor]
Long Beach, California, USA

(2006)

There is a tool called a burnisher.
There are a bunch of accessories to take stainless steel down to any finish depending on the abrasive being used.

Mathew S
- West Chester, PA USA

I'm a stainless finisher . I mean by that is I do it for 9 to 10.5 hours a day . If there are any people out there doing this kind of work please let me Know . I'm very good at what I do , love it and all that goes with it.

Matt Swain
- harrisonburg va