-----

"Effect of HCl in sulfate type coating electrolyte (mainly zinc sulfate)"

2001

I am a materials engineer, and I am in charge of design of continuous electrogalvanizing line for strip steel.What are the effects of using HCl as a pickling media( for pretreatment)with mainly sulfate type coating cells in horizontal line ? Simply, What are the results if HCl mixed with zinc sulfate in coating cell due to migration of HCl with strip ?

Thank you very much for your help.

Hamdi ERCELIK
BORUSAN - Istanbul, TURKEY
^

2003

HCL is for a fact,used as a reactant with Zinc. When you mix them together,they will fizz if temperature becomes to extremely hot. Therefore, I feel it would not be wise to use HCl with Zinc sulfate.

Amanda Franks
High School chemist - Atlanta, Georgia, USA
^