-----

"Long lasting lacquer finish for door handle"

2000

I recently purchased a polished Baldwin door handle at a garage sale, some minor dings were apparant but nothing a buffer couldn't handle, no pun intended. My question is how can I get a long lasting, durable lacquer finish just like you'd get from Baldwin, or something close to it, any advice?

[name removed at request]
- Laguna Niguel, Ca, U.S

2000

There are no consumer based products that will give you a finish similar to the finish provided by Baldwin and other manufacturers. If this handle is meaningful to you the best approach to getting a finish that will last is to have the handle done by a professional metal finisher. The problem is that it will probably be expensive.

Robert Andris
plating shop - Long Island City, New York
^