-----

"Teflon coating on stainless"

2000

Q. I would like to teflon coat 316 stainless steel material. This piece is used in a food contact packaging process. What kind of teflon coating would be a right one?

Saeed Agahi
- Irvine, California USA
^

2000

A. The kind of Teflon* depends on the working temperature, I suppose that you will need it for plastic welding or something similar. You'd better contact with a DuPont LIA (Licensed Industrial Applicator) and he will offer you the best coating. I'll suggest you to use a PFA coating.

To have a good adhesion onto the stainless steel it is very important to make a good sandblasting after the coating.

Best regards

Jordi Pujol
- Barcelona, Spain
^

A. I feel it is sandblasting before coating.

Prasad Mandava
- Sullurpeta
^