Platinum replating on titanium

(2000)

I have had an enquiry for the re-platinising of titanium electrodes. These are made of a titanium mesh , similar to that used in nickel anode baskets. My experience of precious metal plating is limited to silver,gold and palladium. Could anyone advise if it is practical to re-platinise these electrodes , used in chlorinators. Would it be necessary to remove all existing residual platinum , and if so what stripping method should be used? Chemical or electrolytic? What formulation of platinum plating tank is required? What sort of throwing power and deposit distribution can one expect from a platinum plating solution? Any assistance greatly appreciated.

Raymond J. Sebba
Capetown, South Africa

(2001)

Dear Sir,

I also need information you are looking for regarding Platinum plating.

I have just started and would like to ask you to send me information you have find out regarding platinum plating.

1. bath composition?
2. Whether we need to remove platinum residue or not?
3. Platinum removal method?
4. surface preparation
5. etc.

Thanks in advance,

Dr. Seyed Behrooz Ghozati
- Sydney, Australia