-----

"Seeks info on aluminum conductors, transmission towers and lightning"

2000

I'm interested to know about experiences in the use of aluminum conductors (ACSR, Aluminum-clad) in grounding of HVAC transmission lines towers. How has been the response of the system to lightning?

Please, anyone that has any experience or answer about this matter I'll be thankful to.

Carlos Jaime Buitrago
ISA - Medellin - Colombia
^

2004

Sir, As you know the stranded AAC, ACSR, ACSR/AS and AAAC are the light weight material widely used in the Power Transmission Lines.

The rated current rating of the conductor will be as bigger as their nominal cross sections. The conductors listed above used in the rated voltage of 10000 Volt up to 500000 Volt, not same and easy as the home lines.

Home can contact back to me!

Wang Zhijian
China National Electric Wire and Cable Corp - Beijing, China
^