Cutting device for photo sensitive aluminum sheets

(2000)

Hello.

I am a Rhode Island artist using photo sensitive aluminum sheets. I am looking for a cutting device that probably looks similar to a table top paper cutter that can cut these sheets precisely. Do you have any suggestions? I would appreciate your help.

Patti Fitzmaurice
- Wakefield, Rhode Island

(2000)

Patti,

I'm working in an Aluminium Printing Plates production plant. We actually cut the plates into smaller pieces for quality test with a paper top table cutter. If you put a sheet of paper onto the plate to be cut, you obtain more precise trimming, with no burr edges, and prolong the blade life. Regards

Francesco Cicchetti
Francesco Cicchetti
- Sulmona, Italy

(2001)

I'm sort of looking for the same thing, but I'm looking for something that will allow me to cut intricate designs right thru thin sheets of aluminum (8"X10") Precisely. Is there anything in the market that can achieve this easily? Something like a small cutting table or board. Any suggestions will be appreciated!

RAPHAEL S. CASAREZ
- San Antonio, Texas, U.S.

Hi, Raphael

It may be more than what you are looking for, but there are water jet cutters that will cut thin sheets of aluminum into intricate patterns. Good luck.