Alternative copper/cyanide plating anode

(2000)

Is there an alternative anode (except of stainless steel or galvanized steel) that can be used effectively and without deteriorating the quality of the bath in copper/cyanide plating?

Ioannis Spanos
- Athens, GREECE

(2000)

I don't think I would choose either stainless steel or galvanized steel. I would suggest solid copper cast anodes, or copper chunks in steel or titanium baskets, I think. In the event that you are trying to get some insoluble anode area into the tank I would suggest steel (assuming you don't have stringent discharge regulations against the total non-amenable ferrocyanides can can be produced by steel in a cyanide bath).