-----

"Silver oxidation prevention paper source."

2000

In manufacturing, we solder to silver plated aluminum machined housings. After a storage period of several months time, the silver oxidation prevents proper solder "wetting". I vaguely recall a grey paper that could be stored with the plated housings, which reduced the oxidation, thereby maintaining solderability.

I seek a source for that paper, and an explanation of how it works.

John Wax
- Sunnyvale, California, USA
^

2002

We are experiencing a solderability problem. I am also trying to find an answer to your question - what was the paper that was used to prevent oxidation? Did you ever find a response to your question? I have the exact same recollection and found this during a google search.

Please let me know,

Jerry Black
- Joplin, Missouri
^