Suractants & Emulsifiers

(2000)

My name is Horacio form Brownsville, Texas. I used to fabricate an anti-rust product that sold well in Mexico's coastlines, but 3 years ago I cancelled production since one of my raw material production was cancelled by it's company. This product was a Polyol that served as a emulsifier and surfactant and could stand acid mixtures. Who can recommend me a good surfactant ?

thanks

Horacio

Horacio Ibarra
- Matamoros, Tamps, Mexico

(2000)

Hi

Depends on the acids:

For phosphoric and HCl acids Alcohol ethoxylates are suitable. For sulphuric I would suggest Dowfax 2A1 or 3B2.

If you're looking at nitric you may have to consider fluorsurfactants (Dupont Zonyl range). Contact any surfactant supplier, e.g., Union Carbide, and they will provide R

Roger Bridger
Walterisation (UK) Ltd - Croydon, UK