Powdercoat paint training

(2000)

My company has just purchased a new powdercoat paint system. We have some training issues that I am trying to address. Is there a self directed training course available for employee training. Issues such as technique, gaging thickness of coating before going into the cure oven, how to avoid applying too much powder or too little, etc.?

Robert Keyes
- Jackson, Miss., USA

(2000)
So, to get started then with the sample questions--

Any suggestions, people?

CCAI offers in-house training that may fit your needs. They also have a series of inexpensive booklets on powder coating which may suit your desire for self-directed material.

(2000)

My company regularly provides training to customers on just these kinds of issues. If you'd like to contact me I can send you the CCAI powder coating guide, and maybe send a man out to help your people learn. I have a man with 10 years of powder coating experience as foreman of a jobshop. He can teach your people how to KNOW if the parts are ok before sending them into the oven, at least as far as coverage and thickness.

Jeff Watson
Jeff Watson
- Pearland, Texas