-----

"THIXON coating?"

2000

I'm looking for a coating called THIXON adhesive coating.

Does anybody an idea of what is it?

Jordi Pujol
- Barcelona, Spain
^

2000

I found numerous references to 'Thixon' on the web using the Google search engine. Thixon is a specialty aerospace adhesive.

Sjon Westre
- Minden, Nevada
^

2001

IS AN ADHESIVE USED FOR GLUE DIFFERENT RUBBER TO METAL IN VULCANIZATION TIME. HAS INDUSTRIALS, PHARMACEUTICAL, AND FOOD USES. HABLO ESPA-OL.

Piero Gambino
- BSAS, ARGENTINA
^

2002

Thixon is a specialty adhesive that is applied to metals and plastic inserts. The inserts are then placed in a mold and rubber is molded around it. The thixon reacts with the vulcanization process and bonds the rubber to the metal/plastic component.

David Cox
- Port Huron, MI, USA
^

2004

Thixon bonding agents are/were produced by Morton, which I believe was bought by Rohm & Haas.

Hope this helps,

Greg Rawlinson
- Preston, England
^