-----

"Stripping chrome off my golf clubs"

2000

I am sure that this is not a common question but I will ask with the hope you might be able to point me in the right direction. I am interested in having the chrome stripped off of several golf clubs that I own. The manufacturer does not offer this service, however I am fairly certain that chrome stripping is possible.

Do you know of anyone who might be able to do this work for me and how I can get in contact with them. I am in California, San Francisco Bay Area but anyone that has this capability will be ok.

Thank you in advance.

Chris Clark
- Pleasanton, California USA
^

2000

It is certainly possible. There is probably a layer of nickel under the chrome plating, and that's a bit harder to get off. But certainly a plating shop can do it and advice you how to protect the clubs after the nickel-chrome is gone. Hopefully some of the shops that sponsor finishing.com will contact you.

^