DI water test methods

(2000)

We are working with a Phosphoric acid anodise line to BAC 5555 configurations with Deionised water rinse tanks. We currently control the water quality by total dissolved solids. A new customer has asked us to measure: Phenolphthalein alkalinity, Total alkalinity, and Chloride content and verify hardness free.

Can anyone point me in the direction of suitable test methods?

Ciaron Murphy
- Great Britain

(2000)

You may want to look over ASTM D1193 [link by ed. to spec at TechStreet]-77. This the ASTM document named "Standard Specification for Reagent Water." It may or may not be a good spec for you to use.

I know this specification from running salt spray testing. The spec for salt spray ( ASTM B117 [link by ed. to spec at TechStreet] ) calls out ASTM D 1193-77 for the quality of water used for salt spray testing. Salt spray requires "Type IV Reagent Water."

tim neveau
Tim Neveau
Rochester Hills, Michigan

Dear friends,
Myself DASS from India.I am working as a Mechanical Trainee supervisor. Here my company getting DM water from outside where we asked our supplier to submit the Dm water certificate, he had submitted.if myself I wants to check the contents in the DM water please help me what to check in the DM water and the methods how to check

Dass swamy
- Pune, Mumbai , India