-----

"DI water test methods"

2000

We are working with a Phosphoric acid anodise line to BAC 5555 configurations with Deionised water rinse tanks. We currently control the water quality by total dissolved solids. A new customer has asked us to measure: Phenolphthalein alkalinity, Total alkalinity, and Chloride content and verify hardness free.

Can anyone point me in the direction of suitable test methods?

Ciaron Murphy
- Great Britain
^

2000

You may want to look over ASTM D1193 [affil. link to spec at Techstreet]-77. This the ASTM document named "Standard Specification for Reagent Water." It may or may not be a good spec for you to use.

I know this specification from running salt spray testing. The spec for salt spray ( ASTM B117 [affil. link to spec at Techstreet] ) calls out ASTM D 1193-77 for the quality of water used for salt spray testing. Salt spray requires "Type IV Reagent Water."

tim neveau
Tim Neveau
Rochester Hills, Michigan
^

Dear friends,
Myself DASS from India.I am working as a Mechanical Trainee supervisor. Here my company getting DM water from outside where we asked our supplier to submit the Dm water certificate, he had submitted.if myself I wants to check the contents in the DM water please help me what to check in the DM water and the methods how to check

Dass swamy
- Pune, Mumbai , India
^