-----

Earthing/grounding of parts during paint application

Q. Dear Community,
We apply both conductive and non-conductive paints usually on part made of aluminium with chem film (Cr3+) on them for aerospace industry.
I have question regarding earthing/grounding of parts to be painted. Do we need to earth the spray gun and the part during both non-conductive and conductive paints application? Or is it compulsory only in the case of spraying conductive paint?
[Telling the truth, I did not find any differences so far in the visual aspect of the paints applied, but I do not want to take unnecessary risk].

Many thanks,

Bela MS
- Harsany BAZ [Hungary]
^