It's Tuesday 01/18/22 & your Q or A is Welcome.
Chime right in! (a "no registration" site)

-----

County trying to make me get gas insurance

Q. I keep getting letters in the mail from my gas company and now I'm getting emails for me to purchase gas insurance so I don't have to pay hundreds of dollars if there is an issue. I want to know is gas insurance really that important? If I did have an issue with my gas lines do you know approximately how much the cost would be?

Do I really need gas insurance for my piping home was built in 1964. Or is it the state of California trying to get as much money as they can from the people that live there?

Jo. Handlon
- Yorba Linda, California
^

A. Hi Jo
the first thing i would probably do is contact the state and ask them if this is for real or a scam. i know that california is alot different than illinois. i could see the gas company trying to get away with something like this. for instance in illinois, they are only responsible for the feed up to the gas meter. after the meter it is home owner's responsibility. so not sure if this same thing is what is going on for you.

good luck.

Philip J. Verzal
Saporito Finishing Co.
Cicero, Illinois
saporito
^