-----

Electroforming on black kyanite isn't adhering

Black Kyanite

Affiliate Link
(finishing.com may earn commission)

Q. Hi! My name is Sandi and I am fairly new in electroforming. I am having trouble electroforming onto black kyanite blades -- it is not sticking. Any suggestions? I see it being done so I know it can be done, but I am having problems.

Sandi Andrews
- Coos Bay, Oregon
^

A. Hi Sandi. Does "fairly new" mean you've enjoyed some success getting your electroforming to properly adhere to other substrates, or does it mean black kyanite is the first substrate you've tried? What are you using for a metallizing solution, and is that sticking well to the black kyanite?

^