-----

"Ingredients for chrome"

Q. Hello
I have no information about Chrome
What materials do I need to be able to chrome objects?
What chemical solutions do I need?

Salman Ali
- Corona, California
^

Digital version
mfg_online

(No longer published, but a copy is on Academia.edu)
Download it before it disappears.

A. Hi Salman. Please start with our "Introduction to Chrome Plating", then download the Metal Finishing Guidebook. One of the many chemicals you will need is toxic, carcinogenic, heavily regulated Chromic Acid. If you are actually in Corona, California (maybe you're using a proxy because your IP address says France) you can ask CalEPA for guidance since compliance will probably involve more work than the plating per se.

Pardon the delay in posting your inquiry -- my daughter has a terrible stomach ache and I was gathering info on the materials and solutions I'll need to be able to do an appendectomy. Seriously though, you are, at the least, many months away from the point of considering what materials and chemical solutions to buy.

^