-----

"Paint removal in stubborn corners of wood door"

Q. After finding the perfect paint stripper (Multi-Strip [affil. link to info/product on Amazon]) for 110 years of paint on my paneled wood doors, I was excited to get sanding. Now I'm having an issue removing the stain and little bits of paint from the corners of the panels. I've tried a wire brush, but don't want to scratch the wood. I'm going to attach photos --

61202-1b   61202-1a  

Does anyone know a good way to do this? This is my first door of 6 and it's taking forever! Any insights will be greatly appreciated.

Kayla Burell
- Jersey city New Jersey
^

help wanted ad
Plating Shop Manager [Salisbury, MD]
Junior Quality Engineer [Santa Clara, CA]
Plating Process Engineer [Wenatchee, WA]

A. Hi Kayla!
I've done several 5-panel doors constructed with the same contours as yours, and one tool that is really helpful is a pack of those plastic 'razor blades'- they look like normal razor scraper blades, and fit into a standard scraper handle, but are of course plastic so they won't cut into the wood like real ones. Oh and toothbrushes. Lots of toothbrushes...

It's a labor of love but they are SO beautiful when done; I hope you enjoy the results!

rachel_mackintosh
Rachel Mackintosh
Plating Solutions Control Specialist /
Industrial Waste Water Treatment - Brattleboro, Vermont

^