What finish is this?

Q. I'm restoring the turn signal on an antique car. The finish is currently a rough, gray surface. The material is metal but does not attract a magnet. I found some photos online of what I think is the original finish.

61189-1a   61189-1b  

Can you help me identify it?

Andy Powers
- Washington, DC

A. Hi Andy. I don't want to be so unhelpful as to just say it's silver-gray color paint, but if you tell the readers what it says after "TEX", and what make and year car you're talking about (are we supposed to assume it's a Land Rover from the background?) it is possible that someone may be able to offer some detail. Good luck.

-->

Q. The bottom of the signal says "Tex Magna-Lite, Made in England, MagnaTex, S1580", and it goes on a 1970 Series IIA Land Rover.

Andy Powers [returning]
- Washington, DC

A. There is an owners club specifically for series 2 Land Rover.
I am sure they will be pleased to help.
http://www.series2club.co.uk/