SEARCH  🔍
THIS SITE
Not a lecture hall but a roundtable with a seat for you!
60,000 topics spanning 36 years. Education, Aloha, & Fun

Metal Charm Coating

Q. Hello, My name is Mark and I am looking for information for a project that I want to do. I have a few large charms that I designed and I want to get them to look like shiney glossy gold. I have the 3D digital files. I am looking for any solutions to get it coated. I can get it manufactured in bronze, aluminium, brass (which sounds the best) or brass alloy with tin....or any other suggestions. Then once it is manufactured I will need it finish coated. I am looking at injection molds or lost wax casting to manufacture the item.

61185-1

After that I'm lost and just starting to do research into "finishing" this project. Any thoughts would be great.

Mark Rebello
- Toronto Ontario

A. Hi Mark. If you make them of brass, you will only have to mechanically polish and buff, then apply a brass lacquer. It sounds simplest.

A. What Ted says is sound advice. But to make them really "gold" color, make of brass, polish/buff, then bright nickel plate followed by gold plate.

That will make them look a bit better and cost way more.

Jeffrey Holmes, CEF
Spartanburg, South Carolina

your name here

Jobshops Capital Equip. & Install'n Chemicals & Consumables Consult'g, Train'g, Software Environmental Compliance