Protecting Engraved Manganese from Corrosion

I'm a product developer attempting to figure out coating solutions for a project I'm working on.

I'm working with a metal clip made of manganese meant for use outdoors and indoors. Similar in shape and flexibility to a money clip but three times bigger. Powder coating holds up well to salt spray test but, of course, not when it's laser engraved (exposing the manganese).

Do you know if a matte clear powder coating on top (of the whole thing - engraved area and where it was already powder coated) will adequately protect the engraved area from rusting and add further abrasion resistance to the rest of the unit?

If so, what thickness of each coating (the opaque one and the clear one) is best to have moderate tolerance to rusting and abrasion whole retaining flexibility? By 'moderate' I mean perhaps 10 years of use before the metal is exposed/compromised to moisture.

Standard use of the item is simply it being opened and closed twice a day and exposed to a range of normal weather conditions.

Thank you!!

TC Frost
- Boise, Idaho