Need black anodized aluminum Iphone 7 Repolished

RFQ: Hi,

I am looking for some help in polishing black anodised aluminium body for iPhone 7. Can anyone help? I have iPhone 7 with various scratches/ scuffs. I'd appreciate that. If any consultant wants to help for a fee, I am ready to pay that as well.

Kashif Salman
- Slough, Berkshire, UK

A. Hi Kashif. The day the iPhone 7 came out (Sept. 7, 2016), Wired Design (a CondeNast publication, wired.com) interviewed myself and Robert Probert on the technology behind the new high-polish black case. They had received photos and info from Apple and were racing to put together a technical article on the subject.

I wasn't able to help them much except with lingo, and I don't remember much of what I saw in those pictures and press releases, but Apple had come up with some cool tricks for getting that black porcelain look from anodized aluminum. I mention this for two reasons: first, because I think you should try your best to contact Wired and see if it's possible to get their first issue after 9/7/16 to read the article they published and learn what there is to learn; second, to warn you that there might be more involved than simple 'polishing' to remove those scratches and scuffs without detracting from the jet-black, deep, shiny, porcelain-like look they achieved, and you may not be able to do anything but make it worse (I don't know that to be the case, it's just a caution). I have the 'standard' black iPhone 7, not the jet-black.

Hopefully a reader will have some actual experience in re-polishing these things though :-)

Q. Thanks for your quick reply. I need to fix Matte black Iphones and not the Jet Black. I will surely read wired article as well.

In fact we deal in used mobile phones. and physical condition is one important factor in reselling of them. So anything which will improve (even if not fully fix), that will be really helpful. I appreciate that.

KASHIF SALMAN [returning]
- Slough, Berkshire, UK