Vulcanizing Rubber (CR) binding to steel for one year only car part (1939)

Q. I own a 1939 Buick, and am trying to reline the torque ball. It is a one year only part and not available commercially. It is a metal part, size and shape of a cereal bowl that is mostly covered with vulcanized rubber. I just purchased the mold for doing this. Process was to abrade metal, apply bonding agent (Chemlok 250) cover with 70 durometer neoprene, compress in mold and "cook" for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. My problem is the bonding agent. I envision maybe relining 3 or 4 torque balls a year for myself and the few other 1939 Buick owners that will need them. Thus, I will be needing less than 5 ounces of bonding agent per year. I am looking for a cost effective bonding agent for a do it yourself car guy.

61081-1a   61081-1b   61081-1c  

Mark Webb
1939 Buick restorer - Fulton, New York USA