-- The Home Page of the Finishing Industry
23+ years of serious education, promoting Aloha,
& the most fun you can have in metal finishing smiley
    no popups, no spam
on this site
current topics
topic 6170

The right trays for Iriditing


I'm looking for the best pans or trays to use for Iridite. Could you point me in the right direction. I'm also looking for the proper procedure to become cert. in Iridite.

Thanks Dan

Daniel Lumpkins
ETG - Baltimore, Maryland


Iridite is a Macdermid brand name for MIL-C-5541 conversion coating processes. Trays can be either stainless steel or polypropylene in my experience. But it may be easier to order them from a plating specialist than a general machine shop.

I'm not sure whether you mean that you want MacDermid to certify you as a licensed applicator, or if you're thinking more along the lines of having your shop NADCAP certified for MIL-C-5541.

Ted Mooney, Teds signature
Ted Mooney, P.E.
Pine Beach, New Jersey

This public forum has 60,000 threads. If you have a question in mind which seems off topic to this thread, you might prefer to Search the Site

ADD a Comment to THIS thread START a NEW threadView CURRENT TOPICS

Disclaimer: It's not possible to diagnose a finishing problem or the hazards of an operation via these pages. All information presented is for general reference and does not represent a professional opinion nor the policy of an author's employer. The internet is largely anonymous & unvetted; some names may be fictitious and some recommendations may be deliberately harmful.

  If you need a product/service, please check these Directories:

JobshopsCapital Equip. & Install'nChemicals & Consumables Consult'g, Train'g, SoftwareEnvironmental ComplianceTesting Svcs. & Devices

©1995-2018, Inc., Pine Beach, NJ   -   About   -  Privacy Policy
How Google uses data when you visit this site.