Electropolishing of Al parts for deburring
I am looking for information for Electropolishing line setup. The line is for deburring of Aluminium parts. Below please help to answer the question:
1. What is the range of the brightness and dimension of burrs that can be removed by electropolishing of Al?
2. What is the range of dimension change for Al parts after electropolishing?
3. What is the chemical tank composition and how many types of electropolishing process for Aluminium?
4. Do the electropolished Al parts have contamination problem (e.g. high ionic conc.) even after rinsing by DI water?Billy
Our company is specialized in the electropolishing of all metals, including aluminum. You can visit our web site through the suppliers directory on this web site.
Here are our comments on your questions:
1. Under suitable conditions, mirror finishes can be obtained on aluminum. Burrs up to 0.001" can be removed.
2. Typical dimensional changes are 0.001" in the thickness. Metal removal can be regulated by controlling bath parameters.
3. Our company can offer at least four different baths for aluminum electropolishing. All of the compositions are proprietary.
4. No, not to our knowledge. We should point out that most applications are anodized after electropolishing.
Please let us know how we can assist you.Ed Bayha
Metal Coating Process Corporation - Charlotte, North Carolina
If you have a question in mind which seems off topic, please Search the Site