-----

"Brush plate chrome onto aluminium"

2000

hi everyone

I'm a brush plater, I want to brush plate my motorcycle part (in aluminium) to bright chrome (trivalent chromium) (the motorcycle is a Harley Davidson) I want to know , what is the preparation for aluminium to receive chrome.. what are the step? Deoxidation of the aluminium?, etch?, etc?... Thank all Errol, Quèbec

Errol Michaud
- Laval, Quèbec, Canada
^

2000

HI ERROL:

PLATING ON ALUMINIUM IS NOT EASY, NOT FOR HOBBYISTS. IF YOU ARE A BRUSH PLATER GET ADVISE FROM YOUR SUPPLIER OF CHEMICALS. IF THE GEOMETRY OF THE PART IS SIMPLE AND CAN BE COVERED MOST OF THE TIME WITH THE BRUSH, YOU MIGHT SUCCEED, BUT IT WILL NOT LOOK LIKE ORIGINAL HEX CHROME. IT WILL BE DULLER AND YELLOWISH. IF YOU DON'T SUCCEED TAKE THE PART TO A SMALL SHOP THAT DOES ELECTROLESS NICKEL. IT'S FAR SIMPLER FOR THEM.

G. MARRUFO

^

2000

le traitement sur Al est difficile mais il se pratique avec une gamme comprenant

-dÈgraissage Èlectrolytique
- dÈcapage en polariÈs inverses - (l'Al deviennt gris noir)
-dÈcapage polarites normales + ( l'al revientcouleurd'origine)
- sous couche de nickel 3ý5µm +
- traitement final

depuis 18 ans je realise du traitement selectif don't le depot sur Al

colmadin
- paris
^