-----

"Removing Melonite finish from stainless steel"

Q. Hi all, I think it's awesome how y'all help everybody, I can usually find what I'm looking for in the older post, but have not seen anything on this subject. Is it possible to strip melonite finish from stainless steel like you can strip anodize from aluminum? In stead of sandblasting and then having the resurface it for polishing? This is on a glock slide, Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance

Mike Barber
Making custom guns - Lbk, Texas USA
^

Q. Just to clarify, I meant to say remove the black color from a Melonite SS piece. I am just looking to go back to a SS color, not mirror but better than matte. I've seen a video where vinegar aided in this process but only after really buffing it with a wheel; I was wondering if it could be done chemically without damaging the base metal.

Mike barber [returning]
- Lbk, Texas
^