Bus bar thickness & soldering relation

Q. What is relationship between copper bus bar thickness while soldering on pcb.

For a project how can I decide the thickness of copper bus bar.

Satish Khsatriya
- India

Hi Satish. Hopefully someone will respond, but often people are dissuaded from starting in on an abstract question because there are a dozen general "ifs, ands, & buts" that they don't want to take an hour to write about :-)

Our experience is that you will greatly increase your chances of getting useful help if you post the full specifics of your situation. Good luck!

A. I assume what you mean by the term "bus bar" are the copper traces on circuit boards. If so, in the US, I'm fairly sure that the most common PCB copper foil weighs 1 oz/sq.ft. (35 microns Cu thickness).

There are also 1/2 oz (17.5 microns Cu) and 2 oz (70 microns Cu) boards but I don't think they are as common. I don't know if these thicknesses are universal. Chris Owen Benton, Arkansas, USA