Algae despite Pool Ioniser

Q. I have been using ioniser in 40,000 litre fiber glass pool for the last 4 yrs water. Usually the water is clear BUT HAVE A FEW COMPLAINTS.
1/WATER HAS GREEN TINT TO IT
2/ALGAE APPEARS ON THE WALL LIGHTLY EVERY WEEK (BRUSH WEEKLY)
3/stain at water line only
MY WATER READING ALWAYS:
PH 7.2 7.4
ALKA 120 MORE LESS ABIT
CAL 80 120 (I KNOW ITS LOW BUT MY POOL IS FIBER GLASS)
COP 0.4 ,0.5
PHOSPHATE IS LOW
EACH WEEK I PUT 10O grams granular chlorine 65% to help sanitise .
SO, what have I done wrong here? how to get blue water, and no algae?
Circulation is 8 hrs on 1500 rpm pump.

huy tran
- australia

A. Hello Huy,
The system needs more Chlorine. I would try increasing by 10-20% as a trial and check for improvement. If you do see improvement you can then fine tune the exact amount of Chlorine needed. In hot weather sometimes too much Chlorine evaporates thereby providing algae with a habitat. Also, if the facility is heavily used Cl levels can become diminished as a result. Do not allow birds to leave droppings in the pool and keep covered when not in use.

blake kneedler
Blake Kneedler
Feather Hollow Eng.
Stockton, California