Finishing/cleaning type 5083 Aluminium for UHV

Hopefully you can assist me.

There seem to be a number of different processes available for cleaning aluminium in general, with detergent washing, phosphoric acid etch and degrease/ cleaning ... with isopropanol seeming to be the preferred for UHV from what I have heard from the 'ether'

I have received some parts made of 5083 sheet and they seem to be outgassing substantially in vacuum. Due to size and other requirements it must be 5083, which should be UHV compatible.

Would anyone be able to advise a cleaning regimen that may work for me? And advise if anything other than normal lab equipment would be required?

Many thanks in advance.

Matthew Neeves
- Glasgow, UK