-----

"Passivation per MIS-20134"

Q. I had a customer request a quote for passivation per MIS-20134. I have never heard of that spec. I thought it was an in house spec but the customer said it was a military spec.
I only found one website that came up and it was very vague. We process and certify to AMS 2700 and ASTM A967 -- any info would be helpful. Thank you--

Dawn Hoke
- Dayton ohi
^

^- Privately respond to this RFQ -^

Dawn,
Some googling turned up these references for me:

"MIS-20134E **** Passivation for Missile Parts (*NO LONGER IN PRINT)"

"Document Number MIS-20134
Revision Level REVISION E
Status Cancelled
Publication Date Dec. 16, 1972"

The DLA Quicksearch doesn't have it, which means it's either too old to be in there or came from something other than DoD.

Some kind of Lockheed Martin site page calls it an "Orlando Specification" whatever that means.

Per my usual recommendation, if a customer asks for a process according to a specification you cannot locate, ask them for a copy. If they don't have one either, then they are going to have to pick a standard that CAN be located.

Although, if a copy of MIS 20134 does exist, I have $20 that says its passivation requirement just says "per QQ-P-35".

ray kremer
^