-----

"Galvanizing inside of pipe after welding"

Q. I am searching for the appropriate way of doing the in-situ galvanizing. A galvanized pipe lines is laid in kilometers and I had done the welding of the pipe to pipe joint, where galvanized layer is damaged from outside as well as inside. Outside galvanized layer can be repaired by cold galvanizing spray. I would like to repair the internal coating. Any suggestion for the same?

60239-1a 60239-1b 60239-1c 60239-1d

Sachin Pajwani
Workshop Engineer - Jamnagar, Gujarat, India
^

A. Hi Sachin. Are you sure it's even necessary? Galvanizing is a sacrificial coating, not a barrier layer coating. What does the piping carry?

Neither the threads on the large nor small end of the threaded reducers look to me to be galvanized anyway. Good luck.

^